Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

I stumbled across this book by accident. I can't even tell you what it was I was looking at first when this book came up-I think it was perhaps a Chelsey Handler book, but the point is I found it. One of my friends has been quoted saying "I hope they have a Harry's [Chocolate Shop] in Heaven." For those unfamiliar with the Purdue University campus Harry's is not a chocolate shop it is in fact a bar (a very good bar I might add). So anyway I saw the title of Max's book I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell and I just could not resist a look. I then took a closer look and I read the description it reads...

"My name is Tucker Max, and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging dickhead. But, I do contribute to humanity in one very important way: I share my adventures with the world."

After I saw the above paragraph I was hooked-I mean, how could you see that and NOT read the book? So I ordered this book thinking that this is going to be the funniest thing I have read in a while.... I wasn't wrong...

The entire book consists of stories that are about Tucker, his friends, and the situations he finds himself in... often. The only way I can describe this book is that it is so offensive that it's hilarious. I found myself reading parts of the book thinking "he did NOT just do that!" but laughing my ass off because yes, he did indeed. Reading his stories remind me of some of the best times I had while in college, and had me remembering some of the shenanigans me and my friends had gotten into.

If you can take a joke and not be offended by swearing, sex, and asshole type comments. Then I say totally read this book, but if you are someone who get's offended by excessive drinking and humiliating and demeaning comments about not just girls but people in general. Then yeah, this book isn't for you.

I on the other hand haven't laughed so hard in a while :)

Next Up: Dirty Job by Christopher Moore
-JB-

No comments: