Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Host

The Host is about a girl named Melanie living in a world taken out of Invisian of the Body Snatchers (well, I've never seen that movie, but from what I have heard about it, this book is similar.) Another character we are introduced to is Wanderer... The "alien" that had taken over Melanie's body.
Ok, so first off, this is by the chick that wrote the Twilight series, which I am completely in love with. So I was a little hesitant to read this because I would be thinking "This is not Twilight!" Well luckely this was not the case :) I will admit this book was a little bit harder to get into at first but once I did get into it I could not put it down *my poor husband had to sleep many the nights with lights on while I finished "just one more chapter".*
I was pleased with the ending and it did end differntly than I had thought it would *which isn't always a good thing but in this case it was.*
The characters were likeable and the plot was good.
I would recommend this book for anyone who likes Sci-Fi
-JB-

Next up: Bloodsucking Feinds (I'm on a Vampire kick)

No comments: